Pramiracetam is a drug that may enhance memory and improve overall cognition. Its unique properties make it a potentially powerful brain performance optimizer on its own or in a nootropic stack.
- Improve Memory both by stimulating the hippocampus, the part of the brain primarily responsible for the creation of new memories, and by acting as a potent anti amnesic that reduces forgetfulness.
- Increases Alertness and Expanded Learning Capacity.
- It helps treat treatment.
- May reduce social anxiety and, in turn, enhance social fluency.
- Neuroprotective effect.
- May boost brain function.
- May reduce dyslexia symptoms.
- May protect against myoclonic seizures.
- May reduce dementia and symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease.
- May reduce inflammation and provide pain relief.
Pramiracetam affects the release of neurotransmitters, brain chemicals that transmit signals from one nerve cell to another. But pramiracetam does it indirectly, in a manner somewhat different from the usual actions of racetam supplements, and it stimulates the brain in other ways as well.
By stimulating choline uptake, pramiracetam indirectly modulates the release of acetylcholine and stimulates increased activity in the hippocampus. Because this part of the brain is essential to memory function, the general stimulation that pramiracetam creates can improve both the formation of new memories and the retention of reference or long-term memories. The increased activity in the hippocampus also increases cerebral blood flow, which enhances alertness and improves cognitive abilities in general.
Pramiracetam may have other mechanisms of action as well. Researchers have hypothesized that in addition to its effect on the brain, pramiracetam acts in peripheral sites outside the brain that rely on the adrenal glands.